- Municipal Law.
- Civil Litigation, including defense of governmental and commercial entities.
- Employment Law.
- Land Use.
Kevin brings significant experience to the firm through his representation of governmental entities in a variety of state and federal courts. Kevin focuses his practice on government litigation, including civil rights, employment law, personal injury claims, and land use. Kevin relies on attention to detail and uses a common-sense approach to litigation matters, with the objective of bringing effective and efficient resolution for his clients. When necessary, Kevin is prepared to fight for his clients on appeal, having appellate experience before Texas' intermediate courts, the Texas Supreme Court, the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, and the United States Supreme Court.
J.D. Texas Tech University School of Law, magna cum laude, 2005
B.S. Dallas Baptist University, cum laude, 2002
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Ethical Considerations in Dealing with the Sovereign Citizen Litigant, Author and Speaker.
- Retaliation Under the Family and Medical Leave Act, Author and Speaker.
- Section 1983 Cases and the Identity of the Final Policymaker, Author.
- Construction Defects Coverage Analysis, Author and Speaker.
- Texas Tort Claims Act from A to Z, Author and Speaker.
- Un-Insured and Under-Insured Motorist Coverage, Author and Speaker.
- Governmental Liability Under the Texas Tort Claims Act, Author and Speaker.
- Eminent Domain and Public Use Under Kelo, Author.
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas.
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas.
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas.
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas.
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
- United States Supreme Court.
Kevin was born and raised in Garland. He now lives in Allen with his wife, Abby, and their two beautiful daughters, Leah and Ava. Outside of work and cheering on his daughters in their activities, Kevin spends his time hunting, fishing, and otherwise enjoying the great outdoors.